Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Killer leg workout - 50's shock training

If you find your leg workouts getting stale then it is time to spice things up. One little routine that I like to do that kills my legs is a little torture program that I call 50's. 50's are a killer leg workout exercise that are executed on a leg press. As you probably already guessed it, you will be doing 50 reps for each set. Now to begin with you will want to chose weight that is quite a bit less then your normal leg press weight. To give you an example, on normal workout I usually use between 16 and 18 plates on the leg press for about 8 to 10 reps per set (a plate = 45 lbs). When I do 50's I will use around 8 to 10 plates for the exercise. The key is to save 50's for the end of the leg press workout. Lets use an example where you will do four sets of leg press in your workout. In our routine, we will do two sets with our regular weight and reps and save the last two sets for our shock training (if you never have done 50's before then I would recommend three regular set and save the last set for 50's).

Read More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home