Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Carbs

There are some out there that believe you should eliminate or drastically reduce your carbohydrate intake when you diet but I really follow a different belief system. Carbs are important to your well being and if you eliminate them you can start to experience some memory loss, constipation and over time some long-term health problems. The key is to eat high quality carbs and time when you eat specific types of carbohydrates.

On a normal day my first four meals consist of complex carbs and I change my last two meals to a more fibrous carbohydrate. I also eat fruit in my diet but usually have it in my early meals (With the exception of the days I workout my legs. I eat a banana after my leg workouts to prevent cramping) For my diet I mainly stick to red potatoes, yams, brown rice and oatmeal for my complex carbs. The fibrous carbohydrates that I eat include vegetables such as broccoli, green beans and salads.

You can see more of my recommended food list on my new site www.increase-metabolism.power-of-knowledge.com.

All the best,
Gerald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home